Iran announces that it has repelled a drone attack on a military site (VIDEO) – RT in French
Iran’s Defense Ministry has repelled a drone attack on a military site in the city of Isfahan. No information on the targeted site and the alleged perpetrators of the attack was given.
“An attack, which failed, was carried out using drones on one of the Defense Ministry’s equipment complexes”, explained the Iranian Ministry of Defense on the night of January 28 to 29, adding that this attack had no casualties but only “minor damage to the roof” of a building, according to the Irna agency.
The ministry said one of the drones was destroyed by the site’s air defense system, while the other two exploded. “The attack, which happened [le 28 janvier] around 11:30 p.m. did not cause any disruption to the operation of the complex,” the ministry said. A video taken by Iranian media Press TV shows a loud explosion at the site.
Isfahan provincial deputy governor Mohammad Reza Jan-Nesari also said on TV that the attack had ‘no casualties’, adding that an investigation had been opened to define the causes. . .
The announcement of this affair comes in a tense context against the backdrop of a protest movement in Iran after the death of Mahsa Amini in September, persistent differences on the nuclear issue and accusations by certain countries of Tehran supplying drones to the Russian army for the military operation in Ukraine.
Iran’s Defense Ministry has not provided any information on the suspected perpetrators of the attack, nor on activity at the targeted site north of the major city of Isfahan.
Not all news on the site expresses the views of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.